Thursday, April 23, 2015

A trip to our other Home!



For valentines weekend we went down to Driggs for about a week. We had a blast! I think it has been my favorite trip back to visit yet! We really enjoy it there and wish it wasn’t so far away. This was Weston's first trip to Idaho. He is almost 6 weeks here.

We got there late at night and the next morning my girls ran outside to play in the snow. Kynleigh layed down and started making a snow angel. Funny girl. The snow was awful for this time of year there. Usually there is 2 feet, but as you can see it was pretty spotty. Lots had melted. This is was not normal for a February there. 
 Luckily the mountains still had lots of snow to enjoy cause we spend a lot of time there! My awesome friend Jessica taught Raegan to ski. She was a natural and loved it!

 Here is Raegan, Whitley and Craig Calderwood. The reason I think Raegan did so good was the fact that her best friend (Whitley) ski's and Raegan wanted to keep up with her. It was so much fun watching them ski together.
Kynleigh was itching to learn but we didn't let her the first day we went up. I so wish I would of taken more advantage of the ski hill when we lived in Driggs. It is so close and I only went a few times a year. I'm pretty sure if I lived there I would try to go every week  :) Kynleigh wanted to run off the magic carpet instead of stay still and ride it up the bunny hill.   (notice Weston in the sling I am wearing)
 
 Weston got to join in on the action too. The weather was so nice. it was in the 40's but since the sun was out it felt like 60 degrees... perfect ski weather!
These pictures were from the second day we went up. Raegan still was loving it, we forgot her snow pants down at Grandma's so she went without since it was a warmer day. Kynleigh finally got a turn at the hill. She was surprisingly good. We never let her go down by her self like Raegan, but she sure enjoyed it!
 Look at that face! Pure joy and excitement. Little daredevil!
 It wouldn't be a fun time in Idaho with out a sledding party.
This picture brings back so many old but good memories of snowmobiling in College with these two. (John and Chantz) Those were the days!
I'm glad that we are able to keep our sledding party tradition alive with Scott and Crystal. 
  
 Weston enjoyed sledding too.
 Did I mention that I got to go snowboarding one day and John took care of the kids. (what a great husband) I loved every second of it. I was so worried I wouldn't remember how to snowboard, since it had been a couple years, but luckily it came back to me! Jessica and I took ski bus in college together. We have an exact picture like this from back in 2008
John spotted a herd of Elk next to the airport in Driggs. There were so many. 
 Grandma Strong was loving on Weston. We were glad we got to go visit.
This little kiddos (minus Craig) played so much. They all got along really well too. We also got to go swimming over in Jackson with Calderwood's and Hansen's.
 We also got to visit the Lemieux's. Paige had just had her little guy a week before we came to visit. Here is a picture of Weston and Steele together. John will often say randomly, it's too bad we don't live in Idaho,Steele and Weston would be best friends. haha! They are 4 weeks apart. They can still be best buds and not live in the same state! :)
 Here is London, Scarlette, Raegan and Kynleigh.
We hope to go back and visit soon!

No comments: