Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weston John Strong


Weston John Strong was born January 7, 2015
The afternoon before he was born (Jan. 6th) I had a doctor’s appointment and I asked my Doctor to strip my membrane. She told me she couldn’t because I was not yet 39 weeks. I explained to her that I had been having contractions for a few hours a time that was 10 to 15 minutes between each contraction…nothing ever got closer than that.  At this appointment I was dilated to a 4cm and was 80% effaced. Since I was going to be 39 weeks in just a few days and already so far dilated, she gave in and striped my membranes. After that appointment I went home and my mom said she was going to keep the kids that night, just in case! It was a good thing she did! That evening I went into this deep cleaning frenzying. I pulled out couched and vacuumed behind them and also the window sills. I then got on the treadmill and walked a mile and half. After I got off the treadmill my contractions started. There were 5 minutes apart.  I made dinner for John and I, we had Waffles and bacon (yummy). After dinner I told John my contractions were 5 minutes apart. He was convinced the baby was coming out right that minute! HA! I told him it wasn’t going to happen that fast. I wait about an hour than we headed to the hospital. We decided not to tell me family or anyone that we were headed to the hospital. It was 9pm at this point. We got to the hospital, they hooked me to their machines to count my contractions. They made me wait for 2 hours with contractions ever 4-5 minutes apart. They were stronger at this point. The reason they told me they couldn’t admit me was due to the fact that I wasn’t 39 weeks yet and that this was their procedure. LAME! (Idaho falls hospital never did this) Finally, after what seemed like forever, they admitted me and I had them give me an epidural right away. I didn’t want the same thing to happen like it did with Kynleigh. If you’re paying for an epidural, might as well get to enjoy the benefits of it.  The nurse came in at one point and I was only at 7cm. She had me roll to my other side and before she left the room and I told her I felt like I needed to push…The baby was coming… So she came back and checked me and I was at a 10cm. She told me not to push as she went to call for the doctor. Luckily he was in the Hospital still. The Doctor came in and after 3 short painful pushes, Weston was born! He came out healthy and strong and with some good lungs. He was born at 2:39am weighing 7lbs. 9oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. My heart was so happy. It was an instant love for this baby! There is no greater feeling than bringing a child into this life and we feel so truly blessed that we have been able to experience this 3 times.  I sure love my little children! They make my heart so full!
 


 Raegan and Kynleigh's first time seeing their brother. They both were SO happy
Papa and Grandma's first visit. 
 For the first couple months after having Weston, Raegan insisted on bringing her baby and carrier EVERYWHERE we went. It was really sweet. She is a great big sister.
Probably won't be his last time playing babies with his sisters. haha
 This picture makes me SO happy!
About ready to leave the hospital and go home for the first time as a family of 5!
This picture is my favorite. Caught right in the middle of a yawn. He is oh so sweet! 

1 comment:

The McGary's said...

I loved having my babies. I never dreaded labor (except this last time, I was totally petrified but for different reasons). I totally agree with you, bringing a child into this world is one of the best experiences ever. I am so happy for you, Weston is super handsome!