Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Alaska

 John and I were able to go on an Alaskan Cruise for our 5th year wedding anniversary! It was a BLAST! It was so nice to just go somewhere just the two of us! John served his mission up in Alaska and on one of our stops was where john served 6 months, so it was really neat to see and hear stories from his mission.

(I made a photo book through shutterfly.com of our trip to Alaska. It turned out awesome. So I'm only going to share mostly pictures because I already have our trip record, but if you're ever over, I'll show you our book.)

In Ketchikan we went on a float plane ride through Misty Fjords. It was so Beautiful! We landed in one of the canals and were able to get out of the plane onto the pontoons and take a look around, the water was so pretty and so were the view!
below are some pictures of a couple Glaciers, as well as pictures from Totem bight state park. The picture below on the top left is my favorite, with the sea lions on top of the buoy.
Below on the right there are two pictures of John from his mission in 2005, and two from 2013.
 We saw so many humpback whales on our cruise. They are such huge animals! The flowers and vegetation up in Alaska are spectacular. The flowers were big as my head.

No comments: