Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our first tree together!

We had a good thanksgiving break. John and I cut down our first Christmas tree together....and then brought it home and decorated it-my favorite part. especailly since John let me buy some tree decorations. YAY!
We didn't bring the truck up to Driggs, and I didn't want to wait to bring it home, cause i was so excited-so we went with option B. hahaha!










Yup we have barb-wire around our tree :)

So we went to Porters (the craft store) cause john found some christmas bulbs there that he liked one day when I dragged him along with me, and I found this way cute rustic star tree topper. I begged him to buy it for me (cause we are kind of on a budget) He said i could have it if it was under $10, well i figured it had to be more than that, so i said $15, he disagreed, so we agreed on $12....well actually I agreed on $12.99. :) We'll the cashier lady rang it up and it was only $9.99! I was so excited.

And a few weekends ago, i also dragged him along to this Craft Fair down in Idaho Falls, and found this way cute Bride & Groom decoration, so i had to get it of course since this is our first Christmas together. You all are probably thinking that John is such a sweetheart for going all these girly places with me, we'll he is i'll give him credit. But after talking to some of his friends he relizes that he is the only guy that does this willing, so he therefore began to tell me that next year he is just going to give me some money and let me go on my own. Which, OK, its kind of a bum deal, but, give me money? Alright! haha

8 comments:

Jenks Family said...

the tree looks great, have a great christmas. your first christmas is always the best one.

marciekoch said...

love the barbwire around your tree...only you, Karie...only you...
merry christmas! :)

The Smaellies said...

your tree is so cute!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Cute tree. It looks good in your place. I'll have to come see it in person sometime. see you this weekend.

The McGary's said...

How fun, love they mode of transportation to get the tree home!!

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

hahaha. I love it! That's SO awesome he went with you. I love taking brock, but sometimes it's hard to cuz he's like "that's too much" "we dont need that" "are you done yet" lol. So it's good to go with FRIENDS too :( Your topper is SUPER cute! i love it!

Tami said...

The first tree cuttin is always the best!! So Cute! Yah, those boys like to think their all tough, but inside their just big softies! We love 'em that way!

BriANDaleen said...

Your little ornament is adorable! And, to answer your question, Ashley Rappleyea took our pictures, but they've moved now...I have no idea who we're going to use in the future!