Monday, April 29, 2013

Winter

This last winter went by so fast for us. We did so many fun out door activities. I was worried that Kynleigh was going to be too little to do things with us this past winter but she was a little trooper and came right along with us.

This was Kynleigh's first snowmobiling trip. My cousins have this awesome sno-coach so we just stuck her in there in her car seat and she was out for the ride! Raegan didn't like it so much in there so she ended up riding on the snowmobile with John. After our ride we sledded down this big hill by the parking lot up in Pomeroy WA and than roasted hot dogs. John Morgan and I took my parents big triple tube up to the top of the hill and came down on it. We didn't' think it would go as fast as it did. We hauled so fast to the bottom and were headed to a huge tree, luckily I hurried and jumped half off and dragged myself to slow us down otherwise we might of ended up with some broken bones, instead we only walked away with a little road rash. HAHA It was a thrill...I would do it again! We use to go to a cabin up there every winter so we have SO many great memories in those mountains. It was fun to go back and take our girls.




 We sure love Ice fishing. We went a couple times this winter and took Grandma Strong with us. She really enjoyed it and we were glad to have her there with us!

 This is what happens when the fishing is bad...everyone ends up in the tent drinking hot coco

 Another time we just went out to Connie's Pond in Victor, ID. My sister Alison and John's brother Luke joined us. We caught SO many fish this day. We got to the point that we were sick of catching them.


Sledding at Kay's Hill. Sledding here with Scott and Crystal is a tradition. Sledding is one of those activities that no matter how old I get I don't think I will ever out grow it.
Another fun tradition we do every winter is being pulled behind either a four wheeler or a snowmobile. This picture is our friends Lagrand and Abbie with Raegan and their little guy Jaxson.
One of our visits home to WA we were able to go ice skating. Raegan is still a little young for it and had a tough time but we enjoyed skating around with my family.

John and I were also able to get a few snowmobile rides in ourselves but not many. John ended up selling his snowmobile because it was having one problem after the next. We are a family that definitely loves our Winters and as much as I complained about Driggs and its LONG winters we will for sure miss them! As crazy as it sounds, I am missing winter right now!

No comments: