Thursday, July 15, 2010

Raegan June Strong

Raegan decided she was going to join our family on monday the 5th. I survived the 4th weekend with only a few contractions off and on but John said she couldn't come till after we were able to hear Glenn Beck talk on the 3rd(he was in town speaking). We ended up cutting that saturday night a little short cuase i was having contractions and just uncomfortable sitting in a camp chair listening. Sunday night rolled around and I started having a few more contractions but made it through the night. Well, at 6 am monday morning they were coming on about every 8 minutes. So we waited till i knew they were regular and than we headed for the Hospital in Idaho Falls (which is an hour and half away, longest ride ever. Dodge pickups are way too rough for me). We arrived and I was dilated to a 4 and the contractions were every 3 minutes apart, so they admitted me. This was about 10:00am and at 2:49 she was here! Labor went well, the worst part for me was the IV. haha. She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. John is in love with her and I'm so glad she finally came cause i was getting sick of him asking when she was going to come. haha I had to laugh cause the whole pregnancy I told him he was going to change lots of diapers and he kept telling me that he wasn't going to...well first poopy diaper she had...guess who change it-John! haha Not so tough anymore. :) But overall we are so glad she is hear and we are so blessed to have a healthy baby. Oh and I am doing great just getting use to the late night feedings and changing diapers but we wouldn't change it for anything!

We had Raegans newborn pictures taken. A lady in Rigby took some of us and her and also my friend jessica who is starting her bussiness has taken a few as well, as well as my maternity pictures.
To check out the sneak previews click here:
http://kwellsphotography.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photos.php?id=133521806677380

5 comments:

An Epic Event said...

She is beautiful. Can't wait to meet her.

Ashley Calaway said...

Karie, she is beautiful! And so tiny! How fun. I love the pictures, they are awesome. Hope you continue to feel good! We're so excited for you guys.

Aubry said...

She's beautiful! Congrats again! I'm so glad things went well and you are both healthy.

Michael and Brittany Anderson said...

I love the pictures!!

Jenks Family said...

I love her picture, shes cute