Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fair Week

A couple weeks ago I drove up to Washington for a visit with my family. Come to find out they didn't want me to come up and be on "vacation" it was more to come up and work! haha. I was able to help out with fair week. My family has been showing animals for quiet some time now, and even though its a pain in the butt. . . deep down we all enjoy it! This was the start of the week, right before we took the pigs in , they got a little Bath. You can tell who is doing all the work....not the little one in the back ;)
Here is my sister Morgan and Alison showing there oinkers.
For the rodeo that was Wed-Sat, we hitched grandpas horses twice each night. The first was just a run through before the rodeo showing off the team. Than, the second time was in the middle of the rodeo, we gave rides out in the arena for those who received awards, so us as the crew had to run out there and hold horses while the people who received awards got their pictures taken. Thats why we are all matching. While we were holding horses, the rodeo clown was hitting on us, hahaha! :0)

5 comments:

Anna said...

Karie,

There's nothing like going home and being put to work! It looks like you had a good time at the fair. Mom mentioned months ago--SORRY!!--that you couldn't log on to our blog and I realized I don't have your email address to invite you! If you get a minute, send me your email and I'll take care of it.

Anna

The Strongs said...

I don't know if you'll check this again to get my email address or if you wanted me to email you, but it is anderson_karie@hotmail.com :)

Jenn Davidson said...

ohhh how fun!I miss the fair days... remember performing at the fair and we had to do some stupid sailor dance? ha! good times! p.s. I love that green tank, I have the same one! :) Good ol' down east!

Jessica said...

You forgot to mention that you saw me and that it was the greatest moment of your trip:)

Ray said...

Karie, you never told me you had sisters! how old are they? haha, you've been holdin out on me aint ya? ;)